Monday, September 17, 2007

Amends

**I've been composing this post in my head for what seems like weeks now, but it'll still probably come out a jumble**

Despite how great it feels to have ones future secure, there's a few things that are getting me down.
I mentioned briefly a while back that I had a friend back, who I'd drifted from. Unfortunately the situation quickly deteriorated and I am no longer on speaking terms with this person, however I am aware of the possibility that they might read this blog, judging from the polite and warm text message I was sent regarding my success in finding a job. So I hope that they do read this.

I have missed this friend a lot over the last few weeks, and my current geographical isolation hasn't provided much distraction to what feels like a gaping hole in my life. I know the things that we both said to hurt each other where in the heat of the moment, and I know that in the interests of both parties it is best for us not to try to speak again for a long time; things tend to get heated and we can not see eye to eye.

However through this post I hope to be able to convince this person that I truly am sorry for the way things have turned out, but that I am not under any pretence trying to drag open old wounds. I just want to let this person know, in civil tones, that I wish them all the best in the world, that they are dear to me as only a best friend can be, but that I know we only hurt each other when we are in direct contact.

So I am not trying to renew our acquaintance, or have a dig, or a go, or try to drag this person down, but I don't want to harbour ill will, and hope that they don't either.

----------------
Now playing: Radiohead - The Bends
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

Glamourpuss said...

Very grow-up. Weird, I've had a similar thing happen, but they other person just isn't ready to move on, so no doubt it'll all blow up and bite me on the arse sooner or later.

Sigh.

Puss

ERA said...

All you can do is take things as they come and hope that by being calm it'll be ok when it blows up :)