Sunday, September 16, 2007

House hunting

So I have started the tiring task of looking for a flat/house share in Oxford, and it's trying to say the least. So many people seem really weird, ranging from "I live with 2 chinchillas and a crab" to "I'm a mature art student/yoga teacher, with a eco friendly house and fung shui garden, no vehicles allowed" (I really haven't made those up)

I'm pleased however that work are putting me up for the first month, so I don't have to run round as a headless chicken trying to find somewhere to live!

Friday was spent down in Dorset visiting family, and several large meals later and I was beached in a small cafe trying to summon the effort to stand up and get to the car for the trek back home. It was a lovely day that Mum and I followed up on Sat with an impromptu visit to the beach in aid of cheering her up. There wasn't a cloud in the sky and after stripping down to the bikini I froze to death in the icy wind. Nethertheless we had a lovely afternoon and strolled along the beach to warm up before heading home. Very relaxing

2 comments:

Glamourpuss said...

Oxford? Golly. Good luck - it'll be full of students won't it?

Puss

ERA said...

indeed it will be full of students, but I've already enlisted my brother to come for a night of (what I have dubbed) "Bike pushing", similar to cow pushing, but performed on drunk students cycling home after the pub....

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cow+pushing