Monday, September 24, 2007

Unpleasant Investigations...

Having just got back from having my medical examination for my new job, all I'll say is that a full cavity search by customs would have been less invasive...

Thankfully I passed, so I start on Monday, and move into the B&B on Sunday night for a month. Oh the joy. I'm really looking forward to the job, and meeting new people and generally getting my teeth stuck in. I'm a little apprehensive of how the evenings are going to be to start with, I've got dreadful images of me sitting alone in my room watching TV every night after having dinner for 1 before going to work every morning. I suppose that's more reason to get my arse in gear once I get there and find a flat share.
In some ways I'm also a little bit scared now that the time is drawing near, but then I fully expect that, and it doesn't worry me.

Back to the weekend, I've also decided to take a leaf out of Puss' blog and not turn down any invites, hence Thursday night was spent at the Countryside Club meeting (where the person next closest to me in age was my 51 yo mother...) It was a bearable evening, with a talk from a local vineyard and wine tasting...I can handle that!

Friday night passed sat on the sofa. zzzzzzzzzzzz

On Saturday I headed over to Reading for a flat warming, but went shopping in the Oracle first ( a place I distinctly have missed since leaving Reading), however the crowds were massive and after nearly passing out in New Look (yes I haven't yet abandoned my studenty ways) from the heat, I headed off in search of the host of the flat warming (who typically wasn't at home).
After finding him, and in between picking up another friend from the station and eating my dinner, I got very drunk.
Yes I was on the vino, and indeed was drinking the delightfully ladylike "pints of wine". Ouch.
Needless to say I was on the dance floor when we finally headed out. I even had a takeaway *gags* I never eat takeaway.
It was a good night tho, despite the boys being kicked out of every club, getting home early, finding 12 men asleep on the living room floor and having to join them; and waking up to the smell of stale beer.

All I can think is that I'm only young once, so I might as well try to enjoy it! :D
----------------
Now playing: Kate Nash - Nicest Thing
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

Glamourpuss said...

That all makes me feel quite nostalgic - the waking up with twelve men thing I mean, not the shopping in Reading...

Puss

ERA said...

Can I just point out that I was in my own sleeping bag, and they were in theirs... ;)