Thursday, October 11, 2007

Beginnings

House hunting is rubbish - all the houses in this city are horrible - you wouldn't let a dog live in some of the dives I've seen, all for the grand price of £400pm - its positively a rip off.

So I'm still hunting, and completely demoralised as well. Other than that the work is good, I have more projects on than fingers on my hands, but other than that Paris and Istanbul are beckoning, so fun times will be had.

I've decided to go home this weekend, and hopefully convince Stu to come house hunting with me - it's just so stressful, but we'll see what I end up doing, but I don't think any reunions are on the cards for me, I just can't do it.

In other news, I've met even more people at work and I'm rapidly forming loads of friendships, including my new favourite person, U. A wickedly dark sense of humour that matches mine down to the exaggeration that is such a part of me; complete insanity, all coupled with an intense sweetness, honesty and good natured personality, U is wonderful.

Beginnings are happening, even if I still feel blue

3 comments:

Glamourpuss said...

Good beginnings are always tinged with the sadness of endings.

Puss

Guilty Secret said...

Sounds like a good start. I like the sound of U.

Sheamus J. said...

Greetings from Toronto Canada!

My darling wife may commence PhD studies at Loughborough Uni as of October 2009.

Thus we looking for housing and I noted your blog post. Is is possible to rent very good quality detached or semi-detached housing in Loughborough?

All insights or contacts you may be able to provide us on this housing issue will be greatly appreciated.

BTW I love the terracotta pot pictured on your blog.

sheamusj (at) gmail (dot) com