Sunday, October 14, 2007

Weary

House hunting is the order of today, and I'm heading into town in the hope of seeing something I can remotely bring myself to live in - I've had to raise my budget to £500pm, which I really can't afford. How glad am I that the annual pay review and rises are assessed in January?...and that my team has already hit all the targets to ensure a rise - all I have to do is complete a project and some induction courses. Easy Peasey *not*

Istanbul has fallen through, but Amsterdam is back on the cards and most of this week will be in Paris, plus Folkie (one of my other B&B inmates) is back from Mexico tomorrow night with promises of a sombrero and the pub, and will make up for the fact that Frenchie is away in Paris for 2 weeks (although I'll be seeing Frenchie on Wednesday...hopefully, I'm missing her already!)

Unfortunately I was supplied with some surprising but vague information about U, which means I'm doubting my previous assessment of him. I hope that the supplier of the information is wrong, but needless to say it really was vague..."he had a complex life, an odd life" was literally all I got - she wouldn't say any more, but I know she knows. U is lovely, and I want to get to know him better (he even had the patience to explain the rules of rugby to me so I could enjoy the England-France game last night), but it seems it might be hard to get him to let me in, I feel he might hold me at a distance with humour; I just want to be his friend. We'll see.

2 comments:

Glamourpuss said...

After years of taking people at face value, I am now incredibly wary of what people tell me about other people - they always, always have an agenda. If you like U, like him.

Puss

ERA said...

I know exactly what you mean, however having been given this info, I'm starting to see that most of it's got foundation...