Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Je peux parler français!

I'm just back from Paris, had a brilliant time, I never thought zipping about on the back of a (handsome man's) scooter in the rain at midnight could be so fun!

Needless to say not all the French liked me being there and chose to poison me..a full night of food poisoning (complete with delirious sweats) meant that come my meetings in the morning, I was pale, shaky and attractively clammy. Nice

At least everyone was really lovely to me, I met another woman with my name (quite confusing actually!); deciphered a crazy French keyboard; rediscovered that I can actually speak French (I even held a conversation with the receptionist)...so I've decided to relearn French, and with the help of my new French friends I'll be a pro in no time...hahaha *not*

And I got to do some flying, which I adore completely, everything from soaring above the rippling clouds to the way the setting sun caught the tips of clouds over an overcast London which appeared to be burning a deep crimson; the reassuring pressure of G force on your shoulders as the plane banks and pushes you a little deeper into your seat to the cheesey personae of the cabin crew.

There's a happy ERA

1 comment:

Glamourpuss said...

Tres bien!

Glad you're smiling again, petal.

Puss